Non-Executive Director – Hockey Tasmania
Hockey Tasmania is the governing and management body for hockey in Tasmania, responsible for the delivery of:
- all competitions state-wide (for men, women and children)
- development programs in participation, officiating and coaching; and
- state (annually), national (annually) and international events (hosted by Hockey Tasmania on behalf of Hockey Australia and the International Hockey Federation).
Hockey Tasmania is also responsible for the management & support of:
- State teams program
- The Tasmanian Hockey Centre in New Town, St Leonards Hockey Centre in Launceston, and three other regional venues located in Burnie, Devonport and Smithton
- The Tassie Tigers – Tasmania’s elite senior women’s and men’s Hockey One club; and
- Tassie Tigers Academy.
Hockey Tasmania aims to provide facilities, engagement and development opportunities, equipment, guidance and support to attract people to our sport.
Following a recent Director resignation, an opportunity exists for a new Director to join the Board until the next Annual General Meeting. This is known as a casual vacancy.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong business, strategy and governance acumen along with a passion to see the sport of hockey in Tasmania thrive and improve its sustainability.
To improve the Board’s gender balance, women are strongly encouraged to submit an application for this position.
Please contact Hockey Tasmania Board Deputy Chair, Brett Withington at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion about this role.
Submissions close Friday, 28 August 2020.
To submit an expression of interest, please email a cover letter and CV to Hockey Tasmania Board Deputy Chair Brett Withington email@example.com.
Hockey Tasmania Board Constitution
View the Hockey Tasmania Constitution (PDF 253kb)
Hockey Tasmania Annual Reports
Hockey Tasmania Board Members (as at 10th July 2020)
Executive Committee of the Board 2020:
- Chair – Ken Read
- Deputy Chair – Brett Withington
- Finance Director and Chair of FARC – Glenn Lucas
- Adam Clifford (co-opted)
- Jon Cooper
- Nic Duffy
- Wayne Ottaway (co-opted)
- Michael Phillips (member of FARC)
- Peter Bingham (Secretary)
HT Board Committee Structure 2017:
The Board of Hockey Tasmania resolved at its meeting of 6 June 2015 to re-align the Hockey Tasmania (HT) Committee Structure with the new Hockey Tasmania Strategic Plan 2015-2017. The outcome of this work was agreement to establish the below committees.
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee (FARC)
- Regional Competition Committee
- High Performace Committee (HPC)
- Officiating Committee
- Coaching Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Communications Working Group
Recent Statements from the Board