The Hockey Tasmania Board are calling for expressions of interests to fill the following two casual vacancies;
- Co-opted Director
The key skills sets the board seek at this time for these roles are as follows: commercial/ infrastructure and medical/ knowledge to guide the sport through the next 12/18 months of COVID-19.
A cover letter and CV to be sent to the CEO – Damian.Smith@hockeytasmania.com.au by 14/06/2020 .
Please refer to the HT Constitution: 25. (6)
ELECTION OF MEMBERS OF BOARD AND FILLING CASUAL VACANCIES
- (1) Nominations of candidates for election as officers of or directors of the Board are to be –
(a) made in writing signed by 2 individual members of the Association or an Affiliated Club, endorsed by the President of the Affiliated Club and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the nomination); and
(b) addressed to the General Manager of the Association and delivered to the office of the Association at least 10 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting.
(2) If no nominations are received for any Board position further nominations can be received at the annual general meeting and can be given verbally from at least 2 individual members or an Affiliated Club, with the consent of the candidate.
(3) If only one nomination is received for a Board position the person nominated is to be elected.
(4) If more than one nomination is received, a ballot is to be held.
(5) The ballot for the election of an officer or director of the Board is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in the manner directed by the Board.
(6) In the event of a casual vacancy for the position of an officer or director of the Board the Board shall have the sole power to fill that vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting, when an election will be held to formally fill the vacancy.